Let’s think critically. How many people have told us the LORD is coming again? How many of them were wrong? So far, all of them have been wrong. Is there a reason these self-invented prophet’s predictions are wrong, time and again? Jesus said:
“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.” – Matthew 24:36
While nobody knows the actual day when the LORD will return, isn’t it a profitable way for con men to sell books and fund radio-television broadcasts by creating dates of “the end”? Absolutely! In fact, the temptation to make money through alleged knowledge of the end might be the very reason the world’s most renowned prophetic book, the Book of Revelation states the following.
“I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.” – Revelation 22:18-19
We know these people with their predictions of a particular day are complete con men, but didn’t the Bible speak of “signs of the times”? It did.
“As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” – Matthew 24:3
Are people getting very skeptical now of the return of Jesus Christ with all of these false prophets running around making money off their alleged knowledge of the return of Jesus Christ? I think that’s an understatement. Ironically, that was also predicted in the Bible as well.
“Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water” – 2 Peter 3:3-5
In the past, there were possible “rapture scenarios” and the circumstances seemed right many times throughout the past two thousand years. So why are date-setters wrong? Jesus answered that question already. Nobody knows the day.
How is today’s world events different than the past two thousand years? Why are there so many falling into the temptation of attempting to predict the LORD’s return? I believe because most people who know the Bible are aware of the significance of one important truth that makes modern times different than all other eras.
Israel also took over Jerusalem. As this article and this article explain, Israel being in the land is of major significance. In fact, those two articles show great proof that there is a GOD and exemplify hard core evidence for the Bible’s validity, as well as how close we are to the end. Another interesting article to read regarding how close we may truly be to the end is the article at this link.
Furthermore, the Bible predicts that after Israel is in the land that they will be reigned over by their Messiah. And look at the following fulfilled prophecies that show we are very, very close to the end. Israel is the centerpiece to the end times. The scene is slowly being set.
- The East Gate in Jerusalem was to be sealed until the end, according to Biblical prophecy. The facts show us that due to dead bodies being near that gate (making people unclean), the East Gate was sealed and still is.
- Jews would be dispersed from Israel. They were in A.D. 70.
- Jews will be despised and scattered throughout the world. This explains the strange, illogical nature of anti-Semitic behavior worldwide.
- Jews will be gathered together again in her land after many years. They are.
- The shekel would be restored (Ezekiel 45) according to prophecy. This recently happened. I now own one of these.
- Jerusalem would become the Jewish capitol again. This happened recently in history.
- Isaiah 66:8 says that Israel would be born instantly (i.e. May 14, 1948).
- Isaiah 41:8 states that this desert land of Israel would become a land of pools and springs again. For almost 2000 years, Israel lay barren and dry, but now her deserts are full of pools and springs.
- Ezekiel 36:35 and Amos 9:14 – Israel would become a civilization again from a wasteland with vineyards and fruit of the vine and gardens. After being a wasteland of malaria-infestation and dry, arid desert, Israel has orchards, vineyards, beautiful gardens, and cities, and is a huge producer of produce and products. You would find it difficult to even uncover any other time in history where a lush beautiful land sprung up out of a desert like has happened in Israel the past several decades.
- Natural disasters, pestilences, and disease will increase. The past 5-10 years have seen a massive multiplied increase of these.
- Wars and rumors of wars would be birth pangs – Israel became a nation after two world wars.
- Increased lawlessness, perilous times, unholy, brutal, not lovers of good, etc – our world has become this way in an enormous way since 1960.
- Massive apostasy and spiritual delusion – people don’t tolerate sound doctrine – look around – apostasy is among even the “conservative” ranks who chase sacrament theology, “means of grace” theology, and other Judaic “gospels”.
- In the last days, doctrines of devils will forbid to marry and forbid people to eat meat (I Tim. 4) – look around.
- World peace and one world system would be the focus of the end time but would be a front to further the cause of world domination and unity of a one world order – look around. Men will be looking to man’s leadership instead of GOD – especially to one man to bring world peace (get ready for this – it’s only a matter of time now). When people want protection rather than freedom, it makes sense that they will look to one man to protect them and bring them peace in spite of the “mark” given out. We can already see this type of technology and this culture and climate of thought.
- The mark of the beast and its technology was predicted as a mark – today, smart phones use marks to buy items at stores. This would not have been possible a couple of decades ago. The concept of national IDs is now very real. The “war on terrorism” has become an excuse for all of this to be introduced. The technology of the whole world watching the two witnesses of Revelation 11 is also available. The whole world can now watch the two witnesses.
- Russia, Iran, Turkey, and others will war with Israel? What is the likeliness of this happening presently? Look around. Right now, we are all looking at these nations and wondering what will happen next.
- Rome has incredible power, money, and covert intelligence forces and power, and the Pope is kissed on the hand by most world leaders including America’s. He is also a man of peace. Could he be a player in the end times as the popes now pray to Allah and the most recent one was praying in Arabic? Daniel prophesied that the fourth and final kingdom of the world would be the kingdom after Greece, which we now know as the Roman Empire. Daniel states this several times very clearly – Daniel chapters 2, 7, and 9. In chapter 9, we also see that the people who destroyed the sanctuary (which happened in A.D. 70 by the Romans) would be the people of a “prince” that will come (a Roman emperor). In my opinion, the clarity that the final kingdom is Roman with a Roman emperor is far clearer than even other Scriptural teachings such as tithing or church attendance.
- A dried Euphrates was prophesied which would allow the far east to move across the Euphrates. Recently, the Ataturk Dam was constructed on the Euphrates River. Syria and Iraq claimed to be suffering severe water shortages from its building since it lowered the water amount. The drying of the Euphrates is now possible.
- An earthquake will split the Mount of Olives and water would flow from under Jerusalem toward the Dead Sea. A Syro-African rift is right below the Mount of Olives.
- Many scholars believe that Revelation 11 predicts a temple being built (third temple) again on the Temple Mount. Today, a Temple Institute is prepared to build the third temple and have all the furniture, priests, and other temple implements in place and are ready to roll at a moment’s notice.
- GOD will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people according to Zechariah chapter twelve verse three. Look at the news.